The RunDFR Web Tool
determines positivity calls for ELISpot data according to the DFR(eq) and DFR(2x) methods described in:
Z Moodie, Y Huang, L Gu, J Hural, and S Self.
Statistical positivity criteria for the analysis of ELISpot assay data in HIV-1 vaccine trials.
J. of Imm. Meth. 315: 121-132, 2006.
Z Moodie*, L Price*, C Gouttefangeas, A Mander, S Janetzki, M Lower, MJ Welters, C Ottensmeier, SH van der Burg, CM Britten.
Response definition criteria for ELISpot assays revisited.
Cancer Immunol Immunother, 59(10):1489-501, 2010. *shared first authorship
Z Moodie, L Price, S Janetzki, CM Britten.
Response determination criteria for ELISPOT: toward a standard that can be applied across laboratories.
Methods Mol Biol. 792:185-96, 2012.
The R code that implements the DFR(eq) and DFR(2x) methods is available for download as
If you encounter an error:
- Check data file is a correctly formatted .csv file with column order: id, day, antigen, rep1, rep2, rep3, ....
- Check antigens/peptides and negative control are consistently named in .csv file.
- Check negative control is entered exactly as it appears in the .csv file. The program is case-sensitive and sensitive to trailing spaces.
- Check missing data appear as a blank cell or NA in the .csv file.
- Check there is nothing but data in the .csv file (no plots or notes).
can be directed to: zoe (at) fredhutch (dot) org